4 July 2016 12:28 AM GMT

Africa has launched the African Renewable Energy Initiative which aims to produce 300 gigawatts of clean energy for the continent by 2030.

June 19th 2016
Stunning Growth of Clean Energy In Mexico

The recent state power auction in Mexico awarded 5.38 million megawatt-hours of energy to renewable energies; solar won 74 percent and wind won the remaining 26 percent. Solar in Mexico will now grow by an astonishing 521 percent in 2016, far exceeding projections made only months earlier. With the concentration of project developers in the country now matching the strategic objectives of its government, Mexico has the resources to become a strong and internationally significant clean energy hub.

May 26th 2016
Saudi Arabia’s ACWA Plans To Invest $12bn In Egypt For Solar And Wind Projects

Saudi Arabia’s ACWA Power intends to invest $12 billion in the Egyptian market over the course of the next five years. It plans to establish solar and wind power plants with a capacity of 4.2GW from $7.5 billion in investments. The plans include the implementation of a series of projects, including the 2.25GW capacity Dayrout power plant and three 150MW-capacity solar and wind plants. Organisations financing the projects include the Chinese Silk Road Fund, the Saudi Investment Fund and the International Finance Corporation (IFC).

May 18th 2016
Invenergy And Empire State Agree On 600MW, $1.2Bn Of Wind Projects In New York

HVDC transmission developer Empire State Connector Corp. (ESC) has announced that the Company has a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Invenergy, currently developing a portfolio of up to 600 MW of new Upstate New York wind energy generation projects, that the ESC could deliver to downstate electricity customers. The MOU could be a highly significant step in the implementation of the 50% by 2030 Clean Energy Standard under consideration by the New York State Public Service Commission.

May 16th 2016
Amid The Rise In Demand For Wind Turbines, Gamesa Gains Strength In India

Gamesa has consolidated its position as the leading OEM in India for the third year running recently. Consolidating its position, it has secured a contract for the supply of 198MW of the G114-2.0MW turbines. The Indian pipeline for this product has now been increased by 124MW and the order intake for it has reached nearly 2GW in 2015, globally.

GWEC_STATS_LB_171  
April 7th 2016
Mexico: Envision and ViveEnergia Awarded PPC For 90MW Wind Farm

Envision Energy, the world’s leading smart energy solution provider, and ViveEnergia, a Mexican company developing renewable energy projects, were awarded a long-term power purchasing contract with the Mexican Federal Electricity Commission (CFE). The strategic agreement signed in 2015 between Envision and ViveEnergia represented China’s largest direct investment in Mexico in the sector.

February 15th 2016
First Reserve Acquires Mariah North Wind In First Phase Of 600MW Development

One of the largest global private equity and infrastructure investment firms, First Reserve is strongly advancing it’s interests in the clean energy sectors, with this being the first of future wind and solar phases of the $1 billion Mariah Renewable Energy Center. The project will also construct and own a 27 mile, 345 kV transmission line to interconnect with the ERCOT CREZ system and is expected to be operational by the end of 2016. Partners in the project include HSBC, Citigroup and General Electric.

February 8th 2016
The State Of Play For Renewables In Central America (Infographic)

The renewables market in Central America is moving incredibly fast, with governments helping to create the right conditions for success: auctions in place, incentives and plans for distributed generation. But are the conditions for success really there and what is putting roadblocks to rapid expansion? How can the region fulfill its massive potential?

January 24th 2016
EIB Sets Up US$174 Million Financing for Akuo Energy’s Projects

The European Investment Bank will offer as much as €164 million (US$174 million) in financing for nine renewable energy projects developed and run by Akuo Energy in France.

January 7th 2016
CleanSpark, Renova Power Networks Lead Microgrid Deployment

Renova Power Networks, a development company whose principals are known for innovative financing models and renewable energy systems, has partnered with San Diego-based CleanSpark, the leading advanced microgrid software and controls company, to facilitate global deployment of best-in-class microgrid technology, reduce carbon emissions cost-effectively, and increase energy security and independence.

December 18th 2015
Gamesa Bags Tata Power Contract for 100-MW Indian Wind Project

Gamesa has won a contract to construct a 100-megawatt wind farm in India for Tata Power, its first deal with the Indian major.

  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. ...
  12. 36